Monday, May 12, 2008

Ninkasi: Bottled Treat for Oregonians

While in Oregon last week I stumbled across a new-to-me beer in the bottle, Ninkasi Believer Double Red, and their Double IPA. I gotta say, I wish (oh how I wish) these beers were both available in California. Moreover, I wish I'd brought some home with me.

If you live in Oregon and haven't yet sampled these brews, check out your better beer shop and pick up a few. Their bottles have a stand-out label with varying shades of green juxtaposed against black.

I first sampled Believer at Oregon Brewers Festival, either last year or the year before, and was immediately impressed with the balance it held while putting out a massive flavor. I found the had been approved for labels a few months back, but only just saw bottles on the shelf last week. Next time in Oregon, I'll likely stock up and bring them home for friends here who'd certainly appreciate the goods.