Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Shark Attacks in February

Beer Enthusiasts, mark your calendars.

In checking new TTB approvals, I found that Port Brewing just received label approval for their Shark Attack Double Red, which is due to be released in February according to the man in charge down there, Tomme Arthur. This is a 9% big red ale and this is the first time it will be available in bottles.

Now, I don't always post new releases, but for some reason this label just works for me. Oh, and I believe this one of the beers Mike brought back in a growler for us to try a while back. If it's what I think it is, this is a hopped up red - the kind of beer we like around here. Of course, all the growlers of beer Mike brings back from that part of the world are nothing short of an ass-kicking experience and joy to drink. Look for this around the end of February where Port Brewing beers are sold.