Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sacramento Brewing @ OBF 2008

I was speaking with the organizers for the Oregon Brewers Festival over the weekend, they hadn't finalized their brewers list yet - that was the story I was told. Well, either they had and didn't want to tell me, or they figured it out right quick, because today they've got the brewers listed on their site - even though there are a few holes in the beer column.

What stands out? Sacramento Brewing Company! Peter Hoey, you've gotta be happy about that! For those outside the Sacto area, you'll want to try the newly hopped-up version of the Red Horse that'll be flowing here - refreshing, easy to drink and feeling something like hop candy. It's good, I think you'll agree.

Additionally, I don't see Walking Man on the list. I guess that means I'll have to find a way to get to Stevenson on my own this year, I can't be up at OBF and not get my Homo fix - it's simply a wonderful beer.

Finally, can there be a happier man with the way the Fest is looking than Shaun O'Sullivan at 21st Amendment, in San Francisco? First of all, look at that poster. Yeah, that doesn't suck for the 21A team. They're also listed as the top participating brewery - which is listed alphabetically.

Yes, I'm excited for my return trip to OBF in July. If you haven't made your plans to get there, this is a good time to do it. Last I checked the airfare from NorCal to Portland was incredibly cheap - around 200 bucks round-trip. See you there?