Monday, April 14, 2008

Buzz Kill

I really don't know where to start on this, so I'll just post a video for your viewing enjoyment. This is Fox News doing their best to make the "sin" tax on alcohol seem reasonable. My hope is that you, the consumer/voter/citizen will see that a clearly unfair idea is being treated by our media as something normal. Why aren't they putting up a rebuttal or opposing view? I don't know. I do know that the more air time these stories are given - in a positive light - the more likely voters will be to not care when bills like these are introduced.

No, I don't think this idea is going to go anywhere right now. That said, if this gets any traction whatsoever - in our media or legislature - we could see a "compromise" in the future that will seem more reasonable than the ideas originally floated, but still unfounded and further promoting misconceptions and an overall lack of education with regards to alcohol. Oh, and it will cost you at the till too.