Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Oregon Bound

Bags packed. Boarding pass printed. Emails sent.

In twelve hours I'll be in Beervana, the happiest place on earth. In twenty four hours the 20th Oregon Brewers Festival begins - with 72 commercial brewers and 1 home brewed beer flowing for the masses.

Here is my list of items most looking forward to:
- Silver City Whoop Ass double IPA - had this last year and went nuts for it.
- Trumer Pils - an early morning drink if you will, there is just nothing wrong about the beer.
- Ninkasi Believer Imperial Red - you may not know it, but this style is among my favorites.
- Calapooia Yankee Clipper - I've been here once, tried the beer... loved it. Hope Mark is here.
- Amnesia Dry Hopped Dusty Trail Pale Ale - If you've tried Amnesia beer, you'll know why.

Additionally
- Friday night at 9:30ish I'll be at Imbibe (club) on Hawthorne and 22nd to see a college friend play his guitar. Jaycob Van Auken (look it up) is an absolute joy to hear and I am happy he's doing a show in Portland while I am there.
- Dinner! Hoping one night to make Concordia Ale House and another night to hit Horse Brass.

Email me for details - hope to see some of you there.