Bags packed. Boarding pass printed. Emails sent.
In twelve hours I'll be in Beervana, the happiest place on earth. In twenty four hours the 20th Oregon Brewers Festival begins - with 72 commercial brewers and 1 home brewed beer flowing for the masses.
Here is my list of items most looking forward to:
- Silver City Whoop Ass double IPA - had this last year and went nuts for it.
- Trumer Pils - an early morning drink if you will, there is just nothing wrong about the beer.
- Ninkasi Believer Imperial Red - you may not know it, but this style is among my favorites.
- Calapooia Yankee Clipper - I've been here once, tried the beer... loved it. Hope Mark is here.
- Amnesia Dry Hopped Dusty Trail Pale Ale - If you've tried Amnesia beer, you'll know why.
- Friday night at 9:30ish I'll be at Imbibe (club) on Hawthorne and 22nd to see a college friend play his guitar. Jaycob Van Auken (look it up) is an absolute joy to hear and I am happy he's doing a show in Portland while I am there.
- Dinner! Hoping one night to make Concordia Ale House and another night to hit Horse Brass.
Email me for details - hope to see some of you there.