Saturday, October 6, 2007

Hardly Strictly Weekend

It is true, there's more to my life than just beer. Seriously. This weekend my wife and I will be in San Francisco for the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival. This is a free weekend of great music with artists you can't help but love. Who will we be seeing?
  • James McMurtry
  • Michelle Shocked
  • Nick Lowe
  • Steve Earl
  • Gillian Welch
  • Guy Clarke
  • Robert Earl Keen
  • Bela Fleck
Oh, and that is just Saturday's plan. My wife and I are proably most excited to see Michelle Shocked for the first time, but James McMurtry is right up there too - his shows are always worth it. I know it is too late to get you there, but this happens every Fall and is one of the best weekends you can spend, if you like good music. So, if you are interested, make sure you check out their site next Summer to see when it will be in 2008 and who all will be there. I'll promise you this, you won't be disappointed.

If you're going, pack a lunch and bring your own beer. There are vendors there, but selection is limited and prices are high. If you're still wanting something afterword, stop by Toronado or Magnolia.