Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Homebrewed Porter

Over the weekend I finally got to get back to some beer making, and it was time for a porter. I won't go into a lot of detail, but I've had a few request to see some pics of my 'system', which you can see is a make-shift tier system.

Now this is my 1972 Ford with a homemade kayak rack (hey, it gets the boats to the water).














Hey, ain't that fancy?














My version of fly sparging...














Woot! I'm making beer! Nothing to get overly excited about, but here are some details.
You see:
- a 10+ gallon brewpot
- a 10 gallon mash tun (yellow Igloo)
- a 5 gallon hot liquor tank (orange)
- Growler carrier, currently empty
- Propane burner, a 5 gallon brew pot on the ground, a sanitized bucket of water, a cooler of beer (Anchor Liberty & Deschutes Mirror Pond)...

Boiling? Yes, I believe it is.














Out of order? Indeed. Here I am getting the wort out. Dang, looks like motor oil when it first comes out - but it did get more watery at the end.