Tuesday, September 4, 2007

2007 NFL Predictions

In case you didn't know, I am a pretty big Football fan, and for the past four years or so I have made pre-season predictions that rarely come true. It is safe to say I know more about beer than I do about the NFL. With all this in mind, I figured I'd share in my embarrassment and post my 2007 predictions.

AFC Division Champs
  • NE Patriots
  • Baltimore Ravens
  • SD Chargers
  • Indianapolis Colts
AFC Wild Cards
  • Denver Broncos
  • Pittsburgh Steelers
AFC Championship Game
  • Patriots over Chargers
NFC Division Champs
  • Chicago Bears
  • NO Saints
  • Seattle Seahawks
  • Philadelphia Eagles
NFC Wild Cards
  • GB Packers
  • SL Rams
NFC Championship Game
  • Saints over Rams
The Big Game
  • Patriots over Saints
Yeah, I know, pretty safe picks. I can't help but think that the Patriots will just run over the AFC, winning 13 games - about half of them with their balanced and aggressive offense. Moss won't lead the league in any area, but his threat will just open too many targets for Brady to miss. The Saints, too, are just too balanced not to do well in the NFC, with Drew Brees building on his stellar 2006 season. I think the biggest sleepers of the league are the Detroit Lions, SF 49ers and the Arizona Cardinals - these are the teams that could screw up a few things in my predictions. I also think Atlanta will spoil someone's playoff hopes later in the season, proving they are more than a Mike Vick team - personally, I expect Joey Harrington to have a breakout season of sorts. Biggest flops of the year include the Cowboys and Dolphins, I think their seasons will be full of frustration. Tony Romo will not last through week 10, and the Dolphins defense will finally begin to fail them.

So, there you have it. Take notes and feel free to remind me how little I know about the sport.