Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

It was a fast-paced 2008 for us at PBN - and in the second half of the year that really impacted our ability to blog, record shows and update our website. I'm actually pretty bummed about the neglect I've shown you all, and this sight that I have been awfully partial to. I'm not the biggest fan of New Year's resolutions, but I do have a few goals for 2009 that I figured I'd share with everyone.
  1. A weekly blog post worth reading: Often when short on time I've been known to throw up a press release or something pretty lame. This year I'm hoping that we at PBN can pool our collective mental resources to post one good, meaty blog a week. That would allow us to still put up the silly and off-hand posts we like to do while also giving you something worth following.
  2. Increased homebrew coverage: I have a whole lot of homebrew ideas that I'd like to pass on - tips for equipment, ingredients and whatever else comes to mind. Realistically I think I could put one homebrew post a month up that would be of interest to you.
  3. More Podcasts: Mark and Mike are pushing for it, so are many of you. I think I'll have to work with them to plot out the next few months worth of shows. I may even have to get The Beer Geek set up to record shows without me - in case I find myself overly busy.
  4. More Regional Beer News & Spotlights: Between the three of us we go to a whole lot of bars, breweries and events. We have a whole lot of stories to share and I think I'll have to make sure to share some of these with you.
  5. More Videos: Yes, I have a backlog of videos from brewery tours, events and homebrew adventures. It's long past due for me to put some of these up - likely in their raw, unedited form.
Feel free to keep us on our toes on this. I hope you all had a great 2008 and we all hope for the best for all of you in this new year. Cheers!